Friday, March 5, 2010

Bring Spring into your Home

I just love that the sun is shinning and old man winter is leaving soon! I do not like cold weather! I long to bask in the warmth of the sun. It's been many months since I was last able to do that and I miss it!

I love seeing the trees burst forth with new flowering buds. Outside shows the signs that spring is just around the corner, but I want the signs & color of spring inside my home. How about you?

I really like the look of flowering branches in a home. It's such a big & bold statement in decor and what's my motto?? Go big or Go Home or should I say...Go Big in your Home?! LOL

What branches should you use?? Well, there are several.
Do you have Redbud trees where you live?



If so...cut some branches and display them in your home.



What about Forsythia bushes...have any of those bright yellow shrubs where you live?


Does this say "spring" or what?!



Do you have any Magnolia Trees?



What a bold statement...I Love it!




If you want something more neutral in color...how about pussy willow?



Here is a photo of pussy willow branches in my home last year. I chose the pussy willow branches because the white matched better in my home. This year may try apple blossom branches.


Ok, so I'm off to search for an apple blossom tree or a cherry blossom tree. You can find them both with either pink blooms or white blooms.





**Don't forget to enter the Giveaway for the $200 Custom Rug Gift Certificate! Winner will be announced on St. Patrick's Day.


Have a wonderful weekend! Hope it is warming up where you live!
Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment